Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bracelet

So far I have worked on my bracelet twice and both times have gone pretty well. I started out with a long piece of silver wire. The wire was then put into a vice and wrapped around a metal bar to create twenty eight jump rings (pictured). I then had to take the jump rings and saw them so they were individual instead of one larger spring. This was fairly easy in the beginning, but once I got closer to the bottom, the spring was harder to hold and I kept sawing my fingers. The next step was to link the jump rings together and make it so they were touching perfectly on both sides. That got to be pretty difficult. I had to take two pairs of pliers and twist them back and forth until they meet perfectly which was difficult because the metal is so stiff. The last thing I did was solder each individual jump ring together. I plan on finishing my bracelet by this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment