Thursday, May 2, 2013

Progress

Today I returned to the shop and continued creating my ring. Some days a lot of work is done, and noticed, and I leave confident in myself, other days you do a lot of work, but it seems like nothing is done at all because nothing is added or looks too altered. Today was one of the days where it seemed like I did nothing. The main focus today was filing the ring so it was nice and smooth on each side and even as well. I had to flatten out the sides of the shank so they weren't uneven but it always seemed like I would create more and more nicks the were incredibly difficult to file out. I would sit the and file out when nick and then create new ones on accident. Once I evened out the bezel and shank, it was time to polish, but I ran out of time. I hope to return on Sunday, when it is just me and my uncle, to do more work and finish my ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment