Saturday, May 11, 2013

Finishing the Pendant

      Tonight was very easy to work on my project because I could have my Uncle Fareed's full attention and no one else to bother us. I had to work at the Community Recreation Center until about 8:30 P.M. and when I got off the ice I had a phone call from my uncle. I called him back and he said since I have prom in the morning and mothers day is on Sunday, we should go into the shop and work on the project tonight.

     The last thing I had completed was soldering all the pieces together so they looked nice. The next step was filing down the sides so they are smooth and even with one another. I then had to go all the way through and sand the sides down so they were even smoother. I then had to set the stone. Setting the stone was very similar to setting the round stone other than the fact that they are different shapes. I simply set the stone in the center of the bezel and used the bezel roller to fold the sides over the stone. Lastly, I took the stone into the polishing room and polished it off so it looked nice and shiny and finally I was done with my second piece of jewelry!

No comments:

Post a Comment